Ben is going to (near) ShangHai
Monday afternoon, my manager told me that the company wants me to go to ShangHai for two months.The request came as a a kind of surprise, but it is also not a surprise.
We have been looking people to send to China, but so far no luck. They finally found one engineer from Germany, but he is available after August. So, someone needs to fill in before August.
Anyway, long story short, it would be too short to train a new person, so the only logical solution is to send me since I have been involved with the structure since the beginning.
It's good and bad.
Bad things are:
I just got my car, and I have to go away for two months.
Enol will have been gone to Taiwan before I will be back in Vancouver, so this becomes a dramatic soap-opera type of situation.
Good things are:
A dramatic page break is better than a plain period.
It is a good task and good opportunity for my career.
It is kind of like a test for myself, since eventually I will have to decide where to go next after the Olympic construction boom
Anyway, wish me luck.
7 Comments:
Hey! Good Luck!
and Why have I been listed as the Secondary reason?
I demand some changes here!!
or some respects, kick kick.
Good luck with everything~ We'll take care of Enol and your moving arrangement for you for the next short while.. A worrisome fact: Sunshine boys are at the brink of extinction... only 3 can still be spotted near Greater Vancouver area.
Good Luck for the trip =)
Two months is not long and it's not short either..we'll miss you for those 2 months and enjoy Wii every Friday nite. And just like Peter said "we'll take care of Enol and your moving arrangement for you" The weird thing is....I understand about moving arrangement, but Enol part...weird...laugh~ well...work hard in China and hope to see you soon!
it's been decided?
any plan of dropping by TW?
when is Enol coming back?
can you get 統一布丁 in near ShangHair?
Enol is going back to Taiwan around August.
Hope I'll see you in Taiwan, Hank!
Post a Comment
<< Home