Cover letter
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am a graduating student from the
I have focused my studies on the construction engineering and management. I have taken many courses to broaden my understanding of the properties of a wide range of materials, as indicated in my resume. Most importantly, I have developed a solid understanding of the technical skills necessary for the jobs; skills such as feasibility analysis, optimization and decision analysis, quantity takeoff and cost estimation, activity planning/scheduling, quality assurance, and more.
I am a fast-learner. I have the ability to grasp the concepts with the least amount of time, and have been helping out fellow classmates. Through these learning, teaching, and applying of the skills, I have enhanced my analytical and communication skills. Furthermore, I have been improving my organization skills by actively coordinating meetings and conducting projects. These dealings not only bettered my organization skills, but also my leadership skills.
Beyond that, I have always kept in mind that these skills are just tools to accelerate my future learning. Also, I have realized that technical skills are not the only factor contributing to a successful project; dedication and determination help us go the extra mile towards perfection.
I believe that my dedication and excellent technical and interpersonal skills would make me a very constructive member to your project team. I am willing to take on any engineering related position within your company, and would sincerely welcome the opportunity to introduce myself in an in-person or telephone interview at your convenience.
I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.
The reason for me posting my cover letter is to get everyone's opinion on the flow of the cover letter. Please do not be shy.
P.S. Try to give advises rather than give comments; for example, the cover letter looses my interest within 10 seconds.
2 Comments:
You want honest opinion right?
In general, it's well-written...
no grammar mistakes and stuff (I only skimmed thru it so not sure yet)
but you could try to make it "flow more naturally"....Your sentences almost all start with "I..." It makes the letter sound more like a list. In that case, it would prolly be better if you just listed them out in point form....^^" Anyways, good luck with it~!
very constructive advises.
Let me work on it and post it again.
Post a Comment
<< Home